Kingston Wharves Limited (KWL) is pleased to offer a certified service that provides Verified Gross Mass (VGM) for full container load shipment exported from its port terminal. The service complies with the container weight verification requirements, as outlined by the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) Convention, which takes effect on July 1, 2016.
The new weighbridge which is conveniently located on the port terminal, incorporates best-in-class precision technology and equipment. For the convenience of exporters, the KWL service includes the submission of the VGM information to shipping lines via electronic interface.
- The Truck Driver with loaded container is processed by security and given an entry Pick Ticket at the main entrance of the port terminal
- The Truck Driver proceeds with the loader container to the weighbridge station to determine the Verified Gross Mass (VGM).
- A scale receipt with the VGM is given to the Truck Driver or Exporter’s Representative and the Dock Receipt is processed
- All containers should arrive at the port terminal at least 2 days prior to the expected sailing date
- All export containers will be weighed including those for which a VGM is declared prior to the container entering the KWL port terminal. Containers weighing 1 ton greater or less than the declared VGM presented will need to be revised for the new VGM and the applicable KWL VGM service charge applied.
The following charges are applicable for the KWL VGM service:
- 20ft Container US$20 per container
- 40ft Container US$25 per container
- 45ft Container US$30 per container
Call our Client Services Department or visit our website for more details on our VGM service.